Student Scholarship Program
International Student Scholarship Program
Zenith offers a range of courses that equip students with skills that enable them to make a meaningful contribution to society. We aim to make the student experience at Zenith Australia as satisfying as possible. To reward students for outstanding academic achievement, Zenith offers its international students the opportunity to apply for scholarships. These scholarships provide tuition fee waivers to a level that is decided by the Scholarship Committee.
The Scholarship Committee will manage the selection and allocation of funds. Tuition funds are disbursed directly to Zenith on behalf of the Zenith scholarship recipient.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility and assessment criteria.
- Scholarship Application Form: Complete the scholarship application form including a report supporting your application and any other supporting or specified documentation.
- Submit your application as indicated on the application form.
- Submit by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
Round 1: COB of last Friday of Term 1
Round 2: COB of last Friday of Term 2
Round 3: COB of last Friday of Term 3
Round 4: COB of last Friday of Term 4
- Hold a current Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for an Mervic College course that will run in the term for which the applicant is applying for a scholarship.
- Satisfy the assessment criteria outlined below.
For continuing Mervic College students – evidence that in the previous term the applicant has:
- submitted all assessments by set deadlines
- received a Competency mark on the first attempt in all units scheduled during the previous term
- maintained satisfactory weekly attendance throughout the term, and
- participated in a positive and diligent manner in all aspects of the course
- addresses the above points, and
- outlines why they believe they are most deserving of receiving the scholarship.
- an excellent academic record. Eligible academic records include Year 12 or equivalent certificates, Vocational Education and Training (VET) or tertiary qualifications obtained either in Australia or overseas
- demonstrated dedication to academic studies, and/or a passion for study that satisfies the judging panel of the student’s genuine intention to persevere with the course
- prepare a one-page report in support of their application which addresses the following points:
- Why you believe you should be awarded a scholarship
- Why your chosen course is the best choice for you
- Any other information you wish to include that supports your application.
For continuing students
Successful applicants will receive a 25% discount on tuition fees for one term. Each term is of 10 weeks duration. Hence, the scholarship is for 10 weeks.
For newly-enrolled students (never before studied with Zenith Australia)
Successful applicants will receive a 25% discount on tuition fees for their first term.
For all applicants
- Scholarships are available only to students on international study visas enrolling into VET courses.
- Scholarships will apply for the term starting immediately after the application deadline. Scholarships may not be deferred.
- Applicants who have previously received a scholarship may apply for a second scholarship. Assessment of their applications will be made using the same criteria as for all applicants.
- Scholarships are only given in the form of tuition fee reductions. Under no circumstances will cash payments be given in lieu of tuition fee reductions.
- Once a course has commenced, scholarships may only be used for the course for which it was granted and may not be transferred to another course.
- All applicants, including new students never previously enrolled with Zenith , need to hold a valid CoE for an approved Zenith VET course, at the time of the application.
- Each term, a maximum of one scholarship only is given to continuing Zenith students (across all campuses).
- Each term, a maximum of one scholarship only is given to new Zenith students applying to study with RGIT for the first time (across all campuses).
- As part of a competitive application process, applicants are ranked against the assessment criteria. The Scholarship Committee will award scholarships to those who are judged to meet the criteria most fully.
- Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that you will be awarded a scholarship as there are a limited number of scholarships available and the committee will select the one recipient they determine best meets the criteria.
- All applications are considered respectfully. If your application is not successful, it is because the Committee deems that other assessed applicants are in greater need and more suitable.
- If you did not succeed in the first round, you may apply again for the next round. Ensure that you apply by the set deadline.
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into thereafter.
- When you accept the scholarship offer, you must agree to provide any personal information requested by Zenith to assess your ongoing eligibility for the scholarship.
Students awarded a scholarship who defers the start of their studies, or who withdraw from their course, must forfeit their scholarship. Students may re-apply for a scholarship if they start studies at Zenith at a later date.
Scholarships will be terminated under the following conditions:
- Student commits serious misconduct (e.g. providing false or misleading information or is disruptive in class).
- Student fails to make satisfactory academic progress at the end of the first term. For scholarship purposes, satisfactory course progress is defined as obtaining Competency in all units scheduled for the term. However, if the student can demonstrate that extenuating circumstances precluded the student from achieving satisfactory, the Scholarship Committee may decide to not terminate the scholarship. The Committee’s decision will be final.