CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations
DOMESTIC STUDENTS ONLY
Australian or New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, or Australian permanent humanitarian visa holders – International students should visit our International Student site.
|Duration||Full-time – 20 full days from the commencement, or night classes (40 nights), or 10 weekends|
|Location||Zenith campus and simulated security environments|
This qualification reflects the role of a security officer, responsible for maintaining safety and security by patrolling, protecting, or guarding property while unarmed, screening entry, monitoring behavior and removing persons from premises.
This qualification is intended to align with the following occupational licensing outcomes:
- security officer – unarmed guard
- security officer – crowd controller.
Occupational titles could include:
- security officer
- unarmed guard
- crowd controller
It provides a pathway to further learning and work in various security roles and settings including, but not limited to:
- armed guarding
- close protection
- control room operations
- guard dog handling.
Security officers may work alone or work in a team environment under general supervision, operating with limited autonomy and judgment to complete routine but variable tasks, with some accountability and responsibility for their own outputs, work and learning.
Occupational licensing, legislative, regulatory, or certification requirements may apply at the time of publication. Please refer to the CPP Companion Volume Implementation Guide for information.
Note: You also need to be eligible to hold a Security Provider’s Licence in the region/state where you wish to work. This requires that you have not been convicted of any disqualifying offenses over the last ten years.
This course is designed for employment as a security officer in events, retail or hospitality venues, private enterprises, educational and government institutes, and a wide range of organisations where crowd control, security, or patrols are required.
This course is designed for employment as a security officer and/or to continue higher studies in relevant courses. Students will need to complete 14 core units to attain the qualification.
- CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
- CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
- CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
- CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
- CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients
- CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
- CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
- CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
- CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
- CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
- CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
- CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
All students must be at least 18 years of age or above at the time of the course commencement to study at Zenith.
Entry and LLN Requirements
Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills and obtain a Level 3 in Literacy and a Level 2 in Numeracy in the LLN assessment (such as BKSB English and Maths assessment) to undertake this course; or candidates are mature age and have sufficient work experience and life experience to successfully undertake the course.
All students are required to undertake a pre-training review that aims to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, the relevance of the courses to the learner, and relevant experience.
Qualifications offered by Zenith are based on the principles, guidelines, and standards set by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and VET Quality Framework (VQF) and are nationally recognised.
Course Tuition Fee
NO APPLICATION OR ENROLMENT FEE
Contact student admin for more information: email@example.com
- Day of week
- Skill level
- Available Seats